We are always looking for talented individuals around the world, who share our passion for the planet, animals and for making a difference.
We will keep you updated on any opportunities currently available here, but if you think you can bring something to the Planet Shine team, then please get in touch: [email protected]
Head of Content
Overview: We are looking for an ambitious Head of Content with a successful career in publishing, to date, and demonstrable experience of leading content strategy, creating viral opportunities and growing global audiences. The ideal person will have worked on big titles and will be aligned with our mission.
Launched in 2019, planetSHINE is a global media channel that sits at the intersection of human rights, animal rights and the environment. We know that these are huge topics and so first and foremost, we seek to entertain our audience – predominately female – with an emphasis on compelling, inspiring content that plants the seed of purposeful living.
We have partners all over the world and work with celebrities, activists and likeminded brands. Earlier this year, we launched SHINEfest, a virtual event featuring 46 amazing speakers including Captain Paul Watson of Sea Shepherd, Dougie Poynter – McFly band member and environmentalist and Natalie Isaacs, founder of One Million Women.
We use a combination of news, lifestyle topics and features to explore sustainability, feminism and reimagining capitalism, amongst other themes. We aim to help create an equitable world in which everyone is treated according to their individual need.
We now need a UK based Head of Content to create a brand new content strategy that will transform planetSHINE and help us reach millions of people all over the world. Our ideal person will be able to write compelling, thought-provoking and entertaining content that will plant the seed of ethical living in the minds of the masses and help us to shift up a gear.
We need someone at the helm who knows publishing inside out, who can grow audience in their sleep and who is looking for a chaotic but life changing mission.
Over the next few months we have some game changing opportunities coming up and it’s such an exciting time to be joining us.
- You will develop an overarching digital content strategy and will be responsible for it’s delivery in line with audience targets. Write, edit and/or top edit a range of stories across beats; act as a backstop on quality for everything from features to newsjacking.
- Identify and manage freelance writers, ensuring a diverse range of global contributions.
- Work with our in-house video production team as well as external freelance crew.
- Collaborate on the execution of news content strategies across emerging platforms, including but not limited to TikTok and Instagram.
- Work closely with the CEO, comms team and PR agency.
- You’ll have experience of leading and growing an online media channel, ideally from start-up phase.
- You’ll have a minimum five years journalism experience as a writer or story editor, ideally in a busy hard news organisation.
- Significant editing experience within a digital setting.
- You’ll have strong management experience supervising writers, editors and social editors, as well as the ability to develop new talent.
- A proven track record in news judgement and editing skills, executing at the highest levels.
- implementing the highest journalistic and legal standards and a track record of enforcement.
- Ideally, you will have some experience and / or knowledge of our passion points.
Please send a covering letter detailing your news editorial track record, content strategy experience, an example of how you have successfully grown audience and why you feel you are a good fit for the role along with three examples of relevant work and your CV to [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 2nd October 2020
planetSHINE is incredibly proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. And that’s not just standard blurb; everything we do is focused on building an equitable planet for all species. Kindness and compassion are the order of the day. We especially champion underrepresented communities regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and species.